Friday, September 3, 2010

Vinyasa Krama Class

Just got through leading my first Vinyasa Krama yoga class.  I hope it was as fun for the people in the class as it was for me!  I emphasized mindfulness of breathing throughout the class as a preparation for meditation.  The class meditated after 1 1/2 hours of asanas and 15 minutes of pranayama.  The room was almost completely still and was very quiet during the 15 minute meditation period.

 It's great how yoga reduces restlessness and how pranayama prevents drowsiness at 8:30 at night! The perfect complements to Chan meditation!

Several people came over and told me they really enjoyed it.  While I've taught meditation for a few years, this is the first time I taught it integrated with yoga asanas.  Great fun!

More information at Bodhisattva Path Buddhist Meditation Fellowship or at Sacramento True Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment